How to Create a new Collection and add items to it.
1. Simplest Way - two steps
- Create the new Collection - Click on My Media tab, click on blue button New Collection. A pop-up window displays, and enter the information for your new Collection - its Title, Date, Place, and Description. Then click Save. A green message appears in the lower right corner - Add new Collection - to indicate a new collection has been created.
- Add media items to Collection - Pick one item or check-mark multiple items to add to a collection. Use the With Selected feature's drop-down menu to select Add-to-Collection. An Add-to-Collection pop-up window appears. Select the Collection that you wish to place the items in, and then click ADD. A green message appears in the lower right corner - Added to Collection - to indicate success in adding your item(s) to a Collection
- Note - any one media item can be in multiple collections
2. Fastest Way (multiple actions together, completed in same pop-up window)
- Select the item or items to place into a new Collection - check-mark the thumbnail images. Use the With Selected feature drop-down menu to select Add-to-Collection. An Add-to-Collection pop-up window appears.
- In the pop-up window, Click NEW to create a new Collection. Enter the title, date, place and click Save. A green message appears Added-new-Collection to indicate a new collection has been added.
- Still within the same pop-up window, in the Search-Collections drop-down menu, underneath the words "Which Collection do you want to add these items to?", find the Collection you just created, and select it. This Collection's name now appears in the Collection Search box
- Click ADD to place the media items in the new Collection. A green message appears in the lower right corner - Added to Collection - to indicate success in adding your item(s) to a Collection
3. Uploading new items into LightJar and creating a new Collection at the same time - When uploading new items into your account, it is best to upload them into an existing or new Collection - this saves time later on when trying to find a media item. An example - You may not have labeled the video taken with your smart phone, but you know you uploaded it during the wedding, and you had labeled your collection Wedding Dec 2015, so the video you are looking for is in this collection.
- Within LightJar, click Upload, and the Upload screen appears
- Click on New Collection, enter the information for the new Collection (title, date, place, and description) and click Save
- Make sure the new Collection's name appears in the Search Collections entry box
- Begin Upload by dragging your items into the Upload box, or use "Click-here-to-find-files" and select the items on your computer or tablet or smartphone to upload into your new Collection. With each item uploaded into your Collection, there will be a green message "Upload Successful".
- Going to My Media tab will show the newly uploaded items.
- Search for your new Collection in the Search Collection entry box, click on it, and your Collection appears with all the media items you just uploaded into it.